Tuesday 6 August 2013

Lee Rosy's Tea, Nottingham

Lee Rosy's Tea is a lovely tea room with a very relaxing atmosphere located on Broad Street, opposite Broadway cinema, in the Hockley area.

NTU
I decided to go with one of my friends, Tasha, on a Friday afternoon as I am a big fan of tea rooms and tea. Tasha had been doing a college course, which was located near to this tea room, and she raved about the sandwiches to me, so I was obliged to try one! The sandwiches are located in the fridge and are packaged ready to takeaway in plastic containers.


As you can see, I chose to have the chicken breast, green pesto and tomato salad sandwich which was £3.20. These sandwiches are made on site and the ingredients are very fresh. I personally think that the sandwich could be taken out of the packet when it is served to someone eating in the café, instead of just being placed on a plate in its plastic container.


The bread was sliced thickly and was wonderfully soft. There was only a thin layer of pesto in the sandwich which was nice as the flavour wasn't too overpowering and enhanced the other ingredients. The sandwich truly tasted fresh and there's always the worry that a sandwich with tomato in that the bread will be soggy. This hadn't happened with this sandwich!

Tasha had eaten lunch already so she chose to have one of the delicious cakes that Lee Rosy's Tea offers. She chose to have a slice of the lemon meringue pie (£2.40).


The selection of cakes was amazing and part of me wishes I'd had a cake instead of a sandwich! The lemon meringue pie was delicious. Tasha said that the meringue part of the pie was amazing; fluffy and light but also crunchy on the top. She did say that the lemon curd was a little too hard and the pastry base was a little too soft, although this could be due to the fact it was stored in a refrigerated space and may not have been fresh that day.

The tea took a little while to get to us and this is due to the fact they steep the tea for you so you don't have to mess around with the loose leaves from the tea. I chose to have a peppermint tea (£1.40), which is always a refreshing tea.


I was a little disappointed that my tea didn't come in a teapot as I think that's one of the lovely aspects about a tea room. I also didn't like that I was unable to choose the strength of my tea and wish I'd asked for it to be quite strong as the flavour wasn't strong enough for me. Although the tea was very tasty and was exactly what it said it was, I was hoping that the peppermint tea would have been fresh mint.

Tasha had an iced tea (£1.80), which is also available for takeaway. The tea room had run out of black tea so Tasha had a lemon and ginger iced tea.


Tasha said that the tea tasted a lot more of ginger than it did of lemon, but the tea was still very nice and not too sweet, which can be a problem with a lot of iced teas. She did also say that the tea wasn't that refreshing, which could have been amended by a stronger lemon flavour.

Lee Rosy's is a lovely, laid-back tea room perfect for students (due to the free wifi) but also those who want something a little more traditional for lunch. The tea room also sells loose leaf tea in the shop and on their website. In the evenings in the café, there are also events. Most Thursdays sees a film night, Tuesday night is the night for knitters and on the first Thursday of every month, there is a games' night.






No comments:

Post a Comment