Friday 11 April 2014

Hartley's Coffee & Sandwich Bar - Nottingham

So we had a bit of a "fat day" on Thursday! After going to Sobar for lunch (see post here), we decided it was coffee and cake time a couple of hours later! We were in the Hockley area and the fun and colourful exterior of Hartley's Coffee & Sandwich Bar seemed very inviting! You may have seen the cow that they have outside the café. Don't worry, it's not a real cow, although she does have her own Twitter account!

Mario opted for a regular latte, with a glass of tap water. The latte cost £2.00 and the mug was quite a substansial size. Mario wished that there was a larger shot of coffee in it though as it was a little weak for him. I'm sure if you ask for an extra shot of coffee, the friendly staff will be happy to oblige.

To accompany his coffee, Mario was tempted by a large raisin and oat cookie. For only £1.00, this cookie was huge! It had a delicious cinnamon taste to it. Not too crunchy or too chewy, this homemade cookie had a perfect texture to it.



As I have said in previous posts, I am an ice cream lover. This also means that I love milkshakes and I couldn't pass up the chance to have one! They're a little pricey at £3.50, but they're worth it and I decided to treat myself! I chose to have the mint-chocolate milkshake, and I was not disappointed! It was quite a large drink and even had pieces of chocolate in it, which was a delicious touch.



As for cake, I chose to have white chocolate and cranberry tiffin cake, priced at £2.00 (see photo above). It was so delicious! I wish it had chunks of digestive in for a little added crunch, but the overall taste was so tasty, especially with the odd sour cranberry in it.

Overall, the "afternoon snack" was absolutely delicious. All of Hartley's suppliers are local and the cakes are all handmade. It is an independant, family business and I'd definitely recommend them.

No comments:

Post a Comment